Thank you for making my dream comes true! :)

DREAM V.S. REALITY



So, as I promised. This is what I wrote in my exam paper.
It is a dream. Maybe it is too good to be true or something.


I love to read novels, especially Chinese novels. I also love to imagine the scenes in the novels. My friends used to call me a bookworm as I am always reading a novel when I am in the school compound. Nowadays, I do not read novel anymore, because I have to focus on my studies and try to achieve my personal goal. However, I still go to the Popular bookshop every weekend to check out the new novels.

One day, I went to the bookshop as usual. I saw an interesting cover of a novel —— a man with no head standing right in the middle of a highway, and a red scarf is tied around his neck, dancing in the wind. I took it and I went to a corner of the bookshop to read it. The novel’s title is ‘Warm Bodies’ written by Isaac Marion, and it is translated into a Chinese novel. I read the description and it was written: I am a zombie filled with love. I started to wonder about the story line. I decided to buy the novel. A crazy idea came into my mind: I wanted to buy the original version of the novel, ‘Warm Bodies’.

After that, I went home and I told my mother about the novel, and the decision of mine to buy an English novel. My mother was surprised. I seldom read English novel. No, I do not read English novels because I could not understand the words used by the authors in the novels. My vocabulary is very bad and I am too lazy to spend some time to improve it. This was the first time I ever wanted an English novel so badly. I did not know why but I was simply attracted to it.

I went to the bookshop again and searched for that novel, but I could not find it. I asked one of the workers and she told me that the novel was out of stock in their bookshop. There were two more in Miri, Sarawak. They were so far away from me. I could not get there, I had to wait until school holidays. By the time I reached there, it will be gone. I went to several bookshops too, but I could not find it. The novel ‘Warm Bodies’ was published in February 2011, and the time was September 2011. I started to lose hope of getting the novel.

I posted the novel’s details on my profile in one of the social networks and was hoping some kind person would have it, but there were no responses. I even dreamt about that novel. No lies, I wanted it so badly.

Time passed quickly and it was my birthday. My mother bought me a present and she wrapped it nicely. I opened the present carefully and I had a strong feeling towards the present—— could it be the novel? I was so surprised! It was the novel ‘Warm Bodies’. My mother asked her friend in Miri, Sarawak to buy it for me. I was so happy and embraced her into my arms. “I love you, mummy,” I said. I thanked her for what she had done and her sacrifices, everything.

That novel was precious. It was my first English novel. I will read it and try to understand the whole story. That was definitely the happiest day in my life!


Teacher’s comment: Be more ambitious with your vocabulary!


_____________________________________________________________



And yea. This is the reality.


Time passed quickly and it was my birthday. It was my 16th birthday. What would people do when they reached their age of 16? Party? Yea, should be party. But I don't. I don't really like party. I mean, I was having exam, so I could not throw a party. Even if I'm allowed, I won't. I went to school as usual, and before going to school, my mum assured that I might get the novel that I longed for.


"Really, mummy?" I said.


"Maybe. Who knows?" she replied.


Then, I went to school. I was hoping that someone would have bought it and sent it to me as a present. Perhaps, my mum's friend in Miri, Sarawak had passed it to mum's boss, and he's going to bring home today? Who knows? I received a bottle from my best friend, Xuan. That was a special present, because I never get a bottle as s present before.


When I was in my classroom, my best friends, Seow Kean, Jing Yi, Sook Sin and Amanda came to me. They asked me to open the present in front of them. At first, I held the present, and it feels like there's a towel inside. And when I unwrapped, I saw a picture, red-coloured nerves. I was so shocked, and yes, I had a strong feeling towards that present. It was the novel, 'Warm Bodies'!


Oh my god! I felt like I wanted to scream out or fly into the sky. I was so happy. I thanked them, and I could not wait to read it.


I love the present so much! Thanks for buying it from the internet, thank you so much.





And thank you so much for making my dream comes true! :)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.