Taylor's Open Day
I haven't been writing any diary or blogpost since last month, I think. I'm here to update my blog on the experience that I have gotten during the Open Day! :D
I had been waiting for the day to come. HAHAHAHA Kong and I registered in June and we're waiting to get informed that we're chosen to help out during the open day. One afternoon I received a phone call from Taylor's College and a guy named Gary said that both of us were chosen! Since then I've been waiting for it. Gary called us twice to confirm that we will be there on the first day of Open Day, 28th of June. I felt that he was worrying too much. I will not, and I do not like breaking promises. :)
During the first day, we got to meet more student helpers and apparently a few of them were helping out during last open day back in April. We were given college's collar shirts and yea, that's our uniform. Gary was assigning jobs and in the end I chose to work at the reception counter.
This station sounded boring, but it definitely met my expectations of what open day was going to be.
Kong and I were the runners which we had to run around to check if the counsellors are available. We had our personal WALKIE TALKIE! IT IS SO COOL! Personal as in ermmm, I have to run around while holding it with me, replying the receptionists' requests without running back to the station. But I still had to go back to the station to lead the customers to the counsellors anyway.
These four days were definitely one of those days which I had to walk a lot ever since I joined college.
Initially, I wanted to help out at the campus tour station, but I was afraid that I couldn't convey my messages clearly. Yea basically I was scared to talk to humans HAHAHA. My low self-esteem problem!
Being at the reception station, I was able to interact with the lecturers, general couselors and the potential students who would join Taylor's in th future. I felt a sense of self-satisfactory when I was able to talk to the potential students and guide them to meet the lecturers.
Most of the time I was running back and forth the station and the Discovery Learning Centre. Yes I met a lot of A Levels lecturers and some even recognized me and waved to me during school days. That feeling was inexplicable. Hehe. ;)
The general counsellors were nice and friendly too! I like Ms Paula and Ms Justine, they are so cute! Mr Tung is the always-busy and always-wanted counselor though. I also met Ms. Beiley, the counselor who "converted" me into a Taylor's student.
Well, "convert" is a special term that the general counselors use here. It means taking them into Taylor's. You might not know it, but yea, these counselors have commissions for every potential student that they "convert" into a Taylor's one. But this term always remind me of a vampire converting a human into one of his kind. I am so weird.
Ms Amy, Ms Siti and Mr Philip are busy too. Oh there were also counselors from Taylor's University who came over to counsel students on the uni-offered programmes - Mr Gio, Mr Ivan, Mr Elvin, Ms Sheniera and Mr Ahmad.
Okay I would say Taylor's have handsome staffs HAHAHAHA.
It so happened that I always bring potential students, or we called them "customers", to Mr Tung and Mr Philip. I like the way Mr Philip ask me to bring them to meet him at his place. Wait, actually I offer to bring the students in to meet the counselors instead of them bringing the students on their own. At least the counselors have time to prepare the brochures. Well actually it's just my job. I think they could recognize me. Mr Philip also passed me a message that he's awaiting for someone and I were to bring the student to him when she came. That wasn't supposed to be my job but haha it's okay. The student didn't show up anyway. XD
Our floor managers were always busy too. We were to refer to Gary if there's any emergency. I don't even know what's his main job. I guess he's one of the floor managers who helped to take care of the students then. Haha!
I like him. I like him as in I like the way he interacts with the others, to engage in conversations, to solve problems and stuffs. Hopefully someday I will be matured enough to solve problems on my own. My social network problems. I guess by his age I'll probably gain this skills. Hopefully. He's only 25++ anyway. And yea, he always goes to pollute the clear blue sky with Mr Ashroff. If you get what I mean. That's their twisted way of finding an excuse to sneak off to smoke HAHAHA.
A lot of funny things happened in these four days. Of course I have also a whole lot of experience! I have learned to deal with problems through observations, and to learn to work as a team.
I met Sarah, a girl whom I have met during MCE Choir Exchange Session back in 2012, when I was still in high school. She looked familiar! I've also met the other helpers who were younger than Kong and I felt old.
In short, I enjoyed working during the Open Day and meeting these lovely staffs/friends. What I have learned during this session will definitely make me a better person. I would instill the good qualities in myself, and also to engage in convos more frequently.
Nite nite. Will write more soon when I'm free.
I had been waiting for the day to come. HAHAHAHA Kong and I registered in June and we're waiting to get informed that we're chosen to help out during the open day. One afternoon I received a phone call from Taylor's College and a guy named Gary said that both of us were chosen! Since then I've been waiting for it. Gary called us twice to confirm that we will be there on the first day of Open Day, 28th of June. I felt that he was worrying too much. I will not, and I do not like breaking promises. :)
During the first day, we got to meet more student helpers and apparently a few of them were helping out during last open day back in April. We were given college's collar shirts and yea, that's our uniform. Gary was assigning jobs and in the end I chose to work at the reception counter.
This station sounded boring, but it definitely met my expectations of what open day was going to be.
Kong and I were the runners which we had to run around to check if the counsellors are available. We had our personal WALKIE TALKIE! IT IS SO COOL! Personal as in ermmm, I have to run around while holding it with me, replying the receptionists' requests without running back to the station. But I still had to go back to the station to lead the customers to the counsellors anyway.
These four days were definitely one of those days which I had to walk a lot ever since I joined college.
Initially, I wanted to help out at the campus tour station, but I was afraid that I couldn't convey my messages clearly. Yea basically I was scared to talk to humans HAHAHA. My low self-esteem problem!
Being at the reception station, I was able to interact with the lecturers, general couselors and the potential students who would join Taylor's in th future. I felt a sense of self-satisfactory when I was able to talk to the potential students and guide them to meet the lecturers.
Most of the time I was running back and forth the station and the Discovery Learning Centre. Yes I met a lot of A Levels lecturers and some even recognized me and waved to me during school days. That feeling was inexplicable. Hehe. ;)
The general counsellors were nice and friendly too! I like Ms Paula and Ms Justine, they are so cute! Mr Tung is the always-busy and always-wanted counselor though. I also met Ms. Beiley, the counselor who "converted" me into a Taylor's student.
Well, "convert" is a special term that the general counselors use here. It means taking them into Taylor's. You might not know it, but yea, these counselors have commissions for every potential student that they "convert" into a Taylor's one. But this term always remind me of a vampire converting a human into one of his kind. I am so weird.
Ms Amy, Ms Siti and Mr Philip are busy too. Oh there were also counselors from Taylor's University who came over to counsel students on the uni-offered programmes - Mr Gio, Mr Ivan, Mr Elvin, Ms Sheniera and Mr Ahmad.
Okay I would say Taylor's have handsome staffs HAHAHAHA.
It so happened that I always bring potential students, or we called them "customers", to Mr Tung and Mr Philip. I like the way Mr Philip ask me to bring them to meet him at his place. Wait, actually I offer to bring the students in to meet the counselors instead of them bringing the students on their own. At least the counselors have time to prepare the brochures. Well actually it's just my job. I think they could recognize me. Mr Philip also passed me a message that he's awaiting for someone and I were to bring the student to him when she came. That wasn't supposed to be my job but haha it's okay. The student didn't show up anyway. XD
Our floor managers were always busy too. We were to refer to Gary if there's any emergency. I don't even know what's his main job. I guess he's one of the floor managers who helped to take care of the students then. Haha!
I like him. I like him as in I like the way he interacts with the others, to engage in conversations, to solve problems and stuffs. Hopefully someday I will be matured enough to solve problems on my own. My social network problems. I guess by his age I'll probably gain this skills. Hopefully. He's only 25++ anyway. And yea, he always goes to pollute the clear blue sky with Mr Ashroff. If you get what I mean. That's their twisted way of finding an excuse to sneak off to smoke HAHAHA.
A lot of funny things happened in these four days. Of course I have also a whole lot of experience! I have learned to deal with problems through observations, and to learn to work as a team.
I met Sarah, a girl whom I have met during MCE Choir Exchange Session back in 2012, when I was still in high school. She looked familiar! I've also met the other helpers who were younger than Kong and I felt old.
In short, I enjoyed working during the Open Day and meeting these lovely staffs/friends. What I have learned during this session will definitely make me a better person. I would instill the good qualities in myself, and also to engage in convos more frequently.
Nite nite. Will write more soon when I'm free.

No comments: